Mondelēz International has highlighted its progress in meeting its sustainability and wellbeing goals in a new report.
The report outlines the confectionery giant’s ongoing commitment to lead the future of snacking by leveraging its global scale to deliver positive change.
The ‘Snacking Made Right’ report includes Mondelēz International’s signature sustainable sourcing programmes and approaches driven by the company’s purpose – to empower people to snack right by providing the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
“As we collectively manage the global impact of COVID-19, now more than ever is the time for companies to do what’s right and drive sustainable business growth at scale,” said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and CEO of Mondelēz International.
“At Mondelez International, our purpose-driven approach to sustainability and well-being is focused on reducing our impact on the environment and creating a positive impact on society as part of our mission to lead the future of snacking by delivering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
“I’m proud of the significant progress we’ve made in 2019 and believe our 2025 Snacking Made Right goals are the right goals to focus on for the future,” said Van de Put.
The report confirmed progress against ambitious long-term goals including:
- Continuing to scale signature sustainable sourcing programs
- Scaling Cocoa Life to source 100% cocoa volume for chocolate by 2025
- Scaling Harmony Wheat to source 100% wheat for biscuits in Europe by 2022
- Maintaining 100% RSPO coverage in palm oil
- Scaling child labor monitoring and remediation systems to cover 100% Cocoa Life communities in West Africa by 2025
- Meaningfully addressing climate change and reducing environmental impact
- Setting science-based targets to reduce end-to-end CO2 emissions by 10% by 2025, with a focus on protecting and restoring forests
- Advancing packaging innovation and tackling plastic waste
- 100% of packaging designed to be recyclable and labelled with recycling information by 2025
- Continued support for multi-stakeholder collaboration to tackle plastic waste
- Aligning portfolio to contemporary well-being needs and encouraging mindful snacking habits
- 20% of net revenue from snacks from portion control snacks by 2025
- 100% Snack Mindfully labelling across packaging globally by 2025.