Danish craft brewery, Mikkeller, has appointed Leeds-based ilk Agency to handle the UK launch of its new Game of Thrones inspired beer.
The project will see ilk handle UK media relations for the launch of its ‘Iron Anniversary IPA’ – the first of a series of craft beers to be launched by Mikkeller following its agreement of a new, multi-year partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Launched to mark the 10th anniversary of Game of Thrones’ HBO premiere, ‘Iron Anniversary IPA’ is a New England IPA (NEIPA ) described as “hazy or juicy… expressive without being too extreme” and will be followed by two further beers in 2021, plus several more over the next few years.
The first release, ‘Iron Anniversary’, will be available in limited quantities in Denmark, Sweden, the UK, and the United States.
As well as adding to a repertoire of lagers, IPAs, spontaneously fermented beers, stouts and non-alcoholic beers by drawing inspiration from the rich Game of Thrones universe, fans of the popular franchise will also be able to purchase a range of Mikkeller merchandise inspired by the series.
Pernille Pang, head of press at Mikkeller, said: “We have done a lot of collaborations but this is without doubt the biggest so far and we are extremely proud to have this opportunity.
“We’re looking forward to working with ilk to share the first of many fantastic beers with Game of Thrones fans and other beer lovers in the UK.”
Nev Ridley, Managing Director at ilk, added: “To say this is an exciting launch would be an understatement. We love our craft beer at ilk, so we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to launch what is arguably the industry’s biggest collaboration to date.”
- Reduce the risk of contamination from raw materials, ingredients and containers
- Strict production control
- Control personal hygiene, work environment as well as location and manufacturing building
- Sanitation: the personal hygiene equipment must be readily available at the work station including a handwashing sink, liquid soap, disinfectant, disposable paper towels and auto lid pedal waste bins, with the clear instructions provided.
- Cleaning: Strictly clean and disinfect the machinery manufacturing buildings, toilets, floors, walls, as well as common areas which are prone to contact such as door knobs, handrails, elevator buttons, chairs, dining tables, etc., in appropriate frequency and time of day.
- Personal hygiene of workers: The workers must be screened daily before entering the building, collecting information to trace back and must wear a mask at all times. They are also required to wear gloves, wash hands, maintain social distancing and prevent any contaminations during operation.
- Training: Employees are trained to prevent themselves from COVID-19 including temperature checking, wearing a mask, social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting, as well as reducing congestion, in order to ensure that their workplace is COVID-19 secure.